We are looking to recruit some new volunteer leaders to help plan and run our weekly gardening sessions. This is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge of how a community garden is run and also help to shape its future.
To be a Volunteer Leader, we are looking for people who:
• Have some horticultural knowledge and experience
• Are confident communicating with people of different ages, social and ethnic backgrounds
• Are happy working under their own initiative and as part of a team
• Can commit to at least 1 volunteer session per month
• Are interested in participating in gardening planning meetings (Mon eves, once a month)
What we can offer you in return:
• A site induction
• Training in H&S and Working with Volunteers
• Opportunity to participate in gardening planning meetings
• Ongoing support to ensure you feel confident in the role
• Reasonable travel expenses
There are two team leaders on duty each week so to begin with you would be paired up with someone who has already been leading sessions.