Here are our forthcoming events and activities at the garden:
Produce sales – range of crops- whatever’s ready, just picked.
5th October 12 – 4pm “Bug Hotels” –
- Building structures to attract and house a range of invertebrates
- Active learning session for volunteers, led by experts.
- Tools and gloves provided but please wear strong shoes/ boots
- Joint project with Network Rail, London Wildlife Trust
12th October 3 – 5pm – garden review meeting
Opportunity for volunteers and members to give their views on how well the year has gone, planning what we might do next year – practical and innovative ideas for crops and improvements wanted.
19th October 12 – 4pm Apple Day
We are looking to top last year where we had apples from 12 locations – and we’ll be making cider this year. Event to include:
- Plans for new improved press.
- Anyone who brings apples contributes to preparation or pressing will have a choice of taking juice home – or waiting to collect cider later in the year.
- If you want juice bring your own clean (ideally sterilised) container.
- Recipes and cooking demonstrations of autumn produce – jams, chutneys etc (dependent on produce available).
- We will have a map of the borough showing where the apples come from
26th October 12- 4 pm
Volunteer garden sessions – seasonal tasks preparing for winter
November / December
Volunteer garden sessions every other Sunday (dates to follow)
11- 3 – early start to take account of shorter days